Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Antarnaad

It was there again..., the long awaited event.... annual gathering; comes every year, in a new disguise… This time it was named “Infinity-2011”. But my mind drifted around the previous ones –“Antarnaad-2010” and the “Summer Zeal -2009”; the same hustle and bustle, the same anxiety, and in the end, the same sense of fulfillment. Though this time, I was only a silent spectator, I was trying to relive those golden moments… And the actual gathering day, was a climax… Along with the same feelings, I got to hear the same songs… I was totally in my own world. I could imagine Prajakta in “Chandu ke chachane…” (I know, others were there – but the cameraman caught only her actions :-) ) and visualize Richa and Chetan in place of this year’s Banasthallite and Puneite pair, on zoobi doobi . In fact the puneite here also was a Kulkarni. Instead of Anjana in Totakahini, I could see Swati revolving merrily in “khwabon ki galiyaan”, and how can I forget Nikhil, when confronted with “Pappu can’t dance sala”. 

In all, it was a good ruminating experience, which enthused me to have a short trip down the long memory lane….

15 comments:

  1. Again and again I am realised of the fact that life is funny.Earlier I used to dream of a career a job while I was living that golden period and now I want to go back badly..badly..:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its wonderful recollecting our golden times through your writings... , coincidently i read this today and yesterday i was thinking of publishing the speech i gave last year( without your help and confidence in me it wouldnt have been a success for sure ) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS : arey swati ne notice nahi kiya ... Anjana me Swati dikhi ak ko :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ab kar do bhai speech publish... achchhi poetry hai usme bhi...
    and ha, even I thought Swati would comment on that part

    ReplyDelete
  5. @richa....yaar woh speech toh bohot achi hain...jaldi publish kar..anjana main swati dikhna is a big complement..i knw richa tune kaise interpret kiya.. thanks akanksha
    @akanksha...I wanted to comment lekin totakahini ka matlab nahin samjha aur usme i got lost..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @swati... U may remember, last year Aritra had suggested a play... A bird, scholars teaching him, He is interested in retaining his freedom, etc.... Totakahini is that play... and haan, thanks for the right interpretation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. even i remember speech given by richa at farewell...even we felt a bit heavy at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nachiket... yeah,you are right...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat to say.......
    Akanksha thanks for right click-»refresh.......
    after reading this i realiase hw difficult it is for u to stay ter....with every single thing has some or other memory stored in it......
    we tooooo miss those days......
    i just rembr one night we promised each other to meet each other on first sunday of every month......
    no one keeps promises....
    Miss all.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. @chetan, Yeah, you are right... Nobody keeps promises...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making this promise increases the chance of meeting up some day........all of us......hopefully......:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @swati, we can only hope so.....

    ReplyDelete